Double Iron Filter
Double Iron Filter
The FIF1D Series Double Iron Filter reduces staining, eliminates odors, and protects the plumbing system. This two-tank oxidation system has a substantial air reserve to precipitate iron without a frequent backwash requirement. This saves on the amount of water used to clean the filter and the amount discharged to a septic or sewer system. It also allows for a long retention time for complete precipitation. These filters have to perform in very rough water conditions, so a very powerful and robust control valve is employed. These filters also have the ability to raise the pH of acidic water. A large fill port makes media replenishment very easy if the raw water has a low pH. No air compressors or chemicals are required.
- Reduce stains
- Eliminate odors
- Enjoy brighter laundry
- Protect plumbing
- Corrects acidic water conditions*
- No Chemicals. A chemical regenerant is not required, allowing for safe chemical-free operation
- No In-Line Venturi. Plugging and adjusting concerns are eliminated.
- No Air Compressor. The noise and expense of compressors are eliminated.
- No Air Release Valve Required. The lack of an air release valve allows for installation flexibility.
- Less Maintenance.* The only maintenance required is the occasional replenishment of media if the raw water pH is below 7. An easy-to-use fill port is provided.
- Rugged Mechanical Piston Valve. Smooth operation without the sticking concerns associated with solenoids or flapper valves.
- Full Flow Bypass Valve. Simple to use valve allows you to bypass the unit for lawn sprinkling or filter maintenance.
* If ordered with “-IP10” or “M” suffix
|Model Number||Media Volume cu. ft.||Backwash Rate Required @ 40 psi||Peak Flow Rate (GPM)||Service Flow Rate (GPM)||Depth||Width||Height||Pipe Size|
|FIF1D-1054-IP||1.0||5.3 GPM||10||7||16"||28"||71"||3/4" & 1"|
NOTE 1: Residential PIF1D Series filter systems are not designed for continuous flow applications. (Example: Ground water heat pumps, lawn irrigation, etc.)
NOTE 2: Specifications are subject to change without notice.